For the second time in a week, I was surprised and honored to be selected for an award. Keishawna from The Jolly MOMents nominated me to receive the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Thank you so much, Keishawna! It is even more of an honor coming from you, because I admire you and your beautiful bog so much. Your blog is so inspiring, and your comments are always sweet. I’m so blessed to have found you in the blogging world!
Now, I must share seven things about myself – This was a hard one! I’ve tried to pick things that I have not already discussed elsewhere.
1. I have a pet peeve about leaving the plastic or label on anything I buy. This is because when I was a kid my mom left the plastic covers on the lampshades (so they wouldn’t accumulate dust) and put the remote controls in plastic zip-lock bags (so they wouldn’t get sticky), and various other odd things that now I strive never to emulate.
2. I love cats. I had my doggie love of my life when I was a kid – a standard collie (Lassie dog), named Georgie Girl, but I called her “George.” And she was the greatest dog ever! I fear I will never love another dog, and now I prefer the independence and aloofness of cats.
3. I don’t believe in washing cars. I’m a bit of a neat freak about the inside of my car, and pretty much everything else – but I see washing cars as a big fat waste of my time. Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear said it best – “Washing cars is for the simple-minded, and people with bad marriages.” Just kidding – LOL.
4. I met and fell in love with my husband in circumstances more romantic than any movie I’ve ever seen. He was moonlighting as a guide for trail rides on horseback. I went to the ranch for a trial ride, and ultimately came to board my horse there. We fell in love spending hours and hours riding and having adventures through the Texas countryside.
5. I am a direct descendant of the man who invented the Ferris wheel – it’s a shame I don’t get royalties for that.
6. I talk in my sleep, and walk, and eat, and pretty much anything I’d do when I’m awake – but I haven’t left the house yet . . . that I know of.
7. Gosh, I can’t think of anything else, so I’ll give you another major pet peeve – crooked pictures, and also spots on mirrors – OK that’s two. And I promise I don’t judge at other people’s houses . . . just my own. LOL.
Here are seven bloggers that I follow and love:
The following blogs, in no particular order, have encouraged or inspired me in some way. I hope that if you visit some of them, you are encouraged as well.
Thank you, again, Keishawna! I had fun with this, and I hope others enjoy it as well. Be blessed!